- Brand: Breguet
- Circa: 1840
- Model: Miniature open face
- Reference: N/A
- Calibre: N/A
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Gilded metal, ruby cylinder movement, open face with engine turned, gold open faced case with recessed coin edge and apertures for winding and setting on the reverse. Complete with original key for winding.
- Dial: Off centre white enamel dial with outer minute track featuring black Roman numeral hour markers with blued steel Breguet hands
- Case dimensions: Diameter 31mm | Thickness 7mm
- Bracelet/strap: N/A
- Accessories: N/A
- SKU: 1567
Essay: Breguet’s name is synonymous with masterful skill and timeless style. Even after his death in 1823 the name Breguet still holds a certain lustre of a man who crafted fine timepieces, considered more along the line of artwork and, still highly sought after today.
His iconic watch, the ‘Souscription’; with an appearance that evokes the charm and pioneering spirit of the very first watches designed to be carried and, the determination and zeal of those first watchmakers who dared to endeavour to create timepieces fit for Lords, Kings, Scientists and even Emperors, bears a history as fascinating as the watch itself. Conceived during a time of war, great danger and vast unknowns’ one can only truly appreciate the ‘Souscription’ when one explores the history of its creator, Abraham-Louis Breguet