REPAIRS & RESTORATION
WHAT WE RESTORE
At Somlo London & OMEGA Vintage, we are dedicated to the art of restoring timepieces back to their former glory.
Below, please find details of our repair criteria:
- We service and repair antique and vintage timepieces, specialising in OMEGA watches dated 1970 and older.
- Unfortunately, at this present time we are unable to service or change batteries in quartz pieces. Please contact your local OMEGA Boutique or official OMEGA retailer regarding repairs or servicing for any quartz movement OMEGA timepieces.
- We are unable to service or repair timepieces with modern calibres. For modern timepieces, please contact your local OMEGA Boutique or nearest OMEGA Service Centre
THE RESTORATION PROCESS
We require all timepieces that require service or repair to be consigned at our store whereby a service/estimate number is allocated and thereon sent to the workshop for visual inspection.
- Estimates can take up to 8 - 10 weeks excluding public holidays and are valid for 30 days once issued.
- Service to a vintage timepiece is always subject to estimate, which will be sent to you formally in writing.
- Servicing is undertaken by our in-house OMEGA workshop, OMEGA Service Centre, Southampton or OMEGA Switzerland.
Please note: We regret we unable to provide verbal estimates or estimates ‘while-you-wait’ at any time.
The price for having a watch serviced and repaired depends on the movement calibre, its complexity, overall condition and age.
THE STEPS OF A COMPLETE SERVICE
The complete service restores the functional and the aesthetic aspect of the watch. It includes the dismantling, the overhauling and replacement of all worn components in the movement.
- DISSASSEMBLY OF THE CASE
The strap or bracelet is detached from the watch and the case is disassembled.
- CLEANING OF THE MOVEMENT
The movement is taken apart and each component is thoroughly cleaned in an ultrasonic bath.
- REPLACING OF WORN PARTS
Each component of the movement is meticulously examined. Worn components are replaced with original parts.
- REASSEMBLY AND LUBRICATION OF THE MOVEMENT
The movement is meticulously reassembled. The certified watchmaker lubricates contact points using all his skills and the best lubricants. This guarantees an outstanding long-term performance of the movement.
- ADJUSTMENT OF THE MOVEMENT AND CONTROL OF ITS PARAMETERS
The rate of the movement is adjusted and its operational parameters checked against our strict quality standard.
- CLEANING AND REFURBISHMENT OF THE CASE (where applicable)
The shine of the case and metal bracelet is skilfully restored while preserving the original shape of each component.
- REASSEMBLY OF THE CASE
The case is reassembled and all gaskets are replaced.
- COMPLETE QUALITY CONTROL
The functional and aesthetical parameters of the watch are checked against our stringent quality standard.
At Somlo our workshops are made up of two divisions:
SOMLO LONDON - WORKSHOP
Our Somlo workshop undertakes service and repairs of antique and vintage timepieces of well known Swiss brands. Services and repairs are performed by specialised watchmakers, jewellers and polishers capable of working both on contemporary and historical models.
We offer a twelve (12) month warranty on the work carried out. In the event of a fault covered by this warranty, we will, at our discretion and without cost, repair or replace any spare parts and/or rectify any faults as identified by our customer service. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by accidents or any damage to any item through neglect or abuse. This warranty is rendered void if the work is carried out on the watch by persons who are not authorised to do so by Somlo
OMEGA Ω VINTAGE - WORKSHOP
Our OMEGA Vintage workshop is staffed by dedicated OMEGA watchmakers who service, repair and restore antique and vintage OMEGA timepieces. OMEGA's commitment is also expressed by the diligence of talented watchmakers who are trained to the highest possible standards.
We offer a twenty-four (24) month warranty on the work carried out. In the event of a fault covered by this warranty, we will, at our discretion and without cost, repair or replace any spare parts and/or rectify any faults as identified by our customer service. All other rights resulting from the faulty execution of our services are expressly excluded. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by accidents, lack of care or negligence. This warranty is rendered void if the work is carried out on the watch by persons who are not authorised to do so by OMEGA SA.