- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1966
- Model: Seamaster 300
- Reference: ST 165.024
- Calibre: 552
- Movement: Automatic
- Material: Stainless steel
- Features/complications: Bi-rotational bezel with 0-60 Arabic scale.
- Dial: Black dial with luminescent outer minute track featuring luminescent hour markers with Arabic numeral quarters and baton hands and centre seconds
- Case dimensions: 42mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 03002
Essay: In 1962, OMEGA launched the 2nd Generation Seamaster SM300, following the success of the 1st Generation Seamaster CK2913, OMEGA
OMEGA introduced a new numbering system in 1961 and the 165.014 marked the first use of the 6-digit case number system. The 165.014 still housed a calibre 552 and had much the same look as previous variations but now sported new dial and hand combinations with a case size of 42mm.
Cases were made by two primary manufacturers, Huguenin Freres (HF) and Centrale Boötes and can be determined by the presence of small HF or CB stamps inside the case back. Some later cases can be found bearing Piquerez markings.