- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1969
- Model: Flightmaster
- Reference: ST 145.014
- Calibre: 910
- Movement: Manual
- Material: Stainless steel
- Features/complications: Inner rotating bezel and chronograph
- Dial: Charcoal dial features baton hour indices, baton hands with central ‘Professional’ cadmium yellow chronograph hand and GMT hand, outer minute track with strokes to 1/5th of a second, inner rotating bezel with 0-60 scale, 24-hour indicator at 9 o’clock, 30 minute register at 3 o’clock and 12 hour register at 6 o’clock
- Case dimensions: 46 x 52mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 02155
Essay: Launched in 1969, the OMEGA Flightmaster was designed with the needs of long-haul pilots in mind. The 1st Generation Flightmaster was fitted with a calibre 910 movement, which was based on the 321 and 861 Speedmaster calibre.
The 1st Generation Flightmaster, reference ST 145.013 was produced in two different variations. The first, with orange hands to denote a trainee pilot and or member of the public. The second variant was fitted with yellow cadmium coated hands for professional pilots. The dials on these watches were prone to change colour, which created a multitude of interesting dial variations in hues of green and brown.
The 1st Generation Flightmaster was also available in 18ct yellow gold, reference BA 345.0801 were produced in 200 examples. This particular reference and was one of the heaviest watches ever produced which weighed 250grams.
The 1st Generation was in production until 1971 with 30,000 calibre 910 movements being produced