- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1947
- Model: Antimagnetic
- Reference: MI 2390
- Calibre: 30 T2 PC
- Movement: Manual
- Material: Stainless steel
- Features/complications: Cylinder case and antimagnetic
- Dial: Silvered dial with black printed outer minute track with black printed Arabic numeral hour markers with steel sword shaped hands and subsidiary seconds at 6 o'clock
- Case dimensions: 34.5 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 02817
Essay: OMEGA introduced Scarab shaped wristwatches in the early 1930’s. The Art Deco designed cases took inspiration from the ancient Egyptian Scarab beetle and encompassed a bold case design with claw shaped lugs.
The Scarab design featured included, dials available in either black, white or two-tone variations with sword shaped hands and subsidiary seconds. The Scarab collection was available in two case sizes, a calibre 23.4 in a standard case and a calibre 26.5 in an ‘oversized’ case version.