- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1971
- Model: Grima 8265
- Reference: BA 611.0543
- Calibre: 620
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Oblong faceted quartz crystal
- Dial: Brushed solid gold dial featuring applied 18ct yellow gold baton half-hour indices with black painted baton hands
- Case dimensions: 91 x 43 mm
- Bracelet/strap: 18ct yellow gold textured wire pendant chain - length 47 cm
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 01854
Essay: Andrew Grima was an Anglo-Italian designer who became known as the most respected modern jewellery designer in Britain during the 1960's and 1970's. Grima was arguably the most innovative designer of his generation with a fashionable shop at No. 80 Jermyn Street and a Royal Warrant as a jeweller to HM The Queen and HRH Princess Margaret.
Andrew Grima had never designed a watch and he was commissioned by OMEGA to design a collection of watches, About Time, that even today remain unsurpassed for their ingenuity, audacity and powerful, sculptural design.