- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1979
- Model: Constellation
- Reference: BA 168.0054
- Calibre: 1021
- Movement: Automatic
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Tonneau case with diamond set bezel
- Dial: Red aventurine dial featuring applied diamond set hour indices with gold Dauphine hands and centre seconds with day/date aperture at 3 o'clock
- Case dimensions: 35.5 x 40.5mm
- Bracelet/strap: Integrated 18ct yellow gold bracelet
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 02637
Essay: The OMEGA Constellation was launched in 1952 with its symbol being the medallion of the Cupola of the Geneva Observatory surrounded by eight stars representing the brand’s greatest chronometric achievements at the world’s observatories including the 1931 “clean sweep” at the Observatory of Geneva where Omega broke the record for precision in every category.
The first Omega Constellation models were manufactured with bumper automatic movements, pie-pan shaped dials, diamond shaped hour markers and Dauphine shaped hands which were used until the late 1960's.