- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1968
- Model: Constellation 'De Luxe'
- Reference: BA 168.018
- Calibre: 564
- Movement: Automatic
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Diamond set dial
- Dial: Yellow gold dial with outer minute track featuring applied gold/onyx faceted hour indices and diamond set quarters with gold/onyx baton shaped hands and date aperture at 3 o'clock
- Case dimensions: 34 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 02530
Essay: The OMEGA Constellation was launched in 1952 with its symbol being the medallion of the Cupola of the Geneva Observatory surrounded by eight stars representing the brand’s greatest chronometric achievements at the world’s observatories including the 1931 “clean sweep” at the Observatory of Geneva where Omega broke the record for precision in every category.
The first Omega Constellation models were manufactured with bumper automatic movements, pie-pan shaped dials, diamond shaped hour markers and Dauphine shaped hands which were used until the late 1960's.