- Brand: OMEGA
- Made: 1971
- Model: Speedmaster
- Reference: 145.022
- Calibre: 861
- Movement: Manual
- Material: Stainless steel
- Features/complications: Chronograph and Tachymetre bezel
- Dial: Black matt dial with luminous painted baton indexes, outer minute/seconds divisions, outermost 1/5 second divisions featuring subsidiary seconds at 9 o’clock, 30 minute register at 3 o’clock and 12 hour register at 6 o’clock with luminous baton hands, and arrowhead centre chronograph seconds
- Case dimensions: 42 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 02563
Essay: The OMEGA Speedmaster reference 145.022 is the last pre-moon model because it was designed before the first moon landing in July 1969 but only launched in December 1969 and produced until 1971. The first models were produced with the Seahorse logo and brand name on the back while subsequent versions referred to the moon landing. The 145.022 was the successor to references 105.003 and 105.012 and was the first reference to feature the new painted OMEGA logo and shorter hour markers.
This particular model features a case back with rare ‘straight case writing’, which was only produced from 1971-1973. This watch is also the first to reference the moon landing on the case back.