- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1969
- Model: Chronostop
- Reference: ST 145.007
- Calibre: 865
- Movement: Manual
- Material: Stainless steel
- Features/complications: Tonneau case and Tachymetre bezel
- Dial: Matt black dial with outer rotating luminous 'turning Tachymetre' bezel and inner minute track with strokes to 1/5th of a second featuring luminous baton hour markers with baton shaped hands and orange centre seconds hand
- Case Dimensions: 41mm
- Bracelet/strap: Stainless steel bracelet
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 01784
Essay: The OMEGA Chronostop was launched in 1966 as line to complement the Seamaster collection before being transferred into the ''Genève'' collection in 1967.
The Chronostop was created with modern and pure lines with a sturdy and water-resistant case. The dials were predominantly black with white luminous markings, flanges and rotating bezels.
One of the models was designed specifically to be worn on the inner side of the case and was aptly named the ‘Drivers Chronostop’ because the dial was instead positioned at 3 o’clock instead of 12 o’clock.