- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1956
- Model: Seamaster
- Reference: 2850 SC
- Calibre: 471
- Movement: Automatic
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Olympic Cross of Merit medallion on case back
- Dial: Silvered dial with inner minute track featuring gold mirror polished faceted hour indices with gold Dauphine shaped hands and centre seconds with gold applied XVI marker at 6 o'clock to signify Melbourne Olympic Games
- Case dimensions: 36mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 02454
Essay: The Seamaster is the longest running product line still produced by OMEGA today. It was introduced in 1948, and was loosely based upon designs made for the British Royal Navy towards the end of World War II.
The OMEGA Seamaster XVI wristwatches were OMEGA's first Olympic Games commemorative wristwatches rather than pocket watches. This watch was a prototype designed and created to honour the Melbourne Games of the XVI Olympiad in 1956.