- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1952
- Model: Cosmic
- Reference: 2471
- Calibre: 27 DL PC
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Triple date calendar
- Dial: Off-white dial featuring outer minute track with polished baton hour indices, date/month windows at 12 o’clock, subsidiary seconds at 6 o’clock with moonphase window, sword shaped hands with central day hand and corresponding outer day register
- Case dimensions: 35 x 35 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
Web reference: 02915
The OMEGA Cosmic was produced in two sizes 34 - 35mm and 37.5mm and in four different case materials, and in steel, gold capped, gold filled and in either 14ct or 18ct sold gold variants of rose or yellow gold.
OMEGA produced five refences between 1940 and 1950 which were five reference’s 2606, 2471 and 2473 with a 35mm case and reference’s 2485 and 2486 which were larger with 37.5mm case. The reference 3944 was the final reference which was produced in 1951.
All OMEGA Cosmic models were fitted with a calibre 27 DL PC AM which was subsequently changed to a calibre 381. The coding of the calibre referred to the type of movement. 27 stands for the movement being 27mm in diameter and 5.25mm in thickness, DL for triple date and moonphase, PC refers to the shock absorber and AM is for antimagnetic.
The OMEGA Cosmic collection continued production until 1956 is probably one of most revered of watches by collectors today.