- Brand: Patek Philippe
- Made: 1952
- Model: Carré-Tortue
- Reference: 2488
- Calibre: 10'''200
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Square case
- Dial: Off-white Stern Frères dial featuring applied yellow gold mirror polished thin baton hour indices with yellow gold baton hands and subsidiary seconds at 6 o’clock
- Case dimensions: 35 x 28 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 2489
Essay: The square-cased Patek Philippe reference 2488 was released in 1950 and produced for nearly 12 years. The reference was available in yellow, pink and white gold and also in platinum.
The "Carré-tortue" (squared turtle) derives from the Wenger-made case's aesthetical design.