- Brand: Patek Philippe
- Made: 1920
- Model: Cushion
- Reference: N/A
- Calibre: 12"'
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Cushion case and enamel dial
- Dial: White enamel dial with outer minute track featuring luminous Arabic numeral hour markers with cathedral shaped hands and subsidiary seconds at 6 o'clock
- Case dimensions: 31 x 31mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 2431
Essay: During the 1920's, the pinnacle of design for the fledgling wristwatch market was the cushion case.
Traditionally a square shaped watch case with rounded corners and a circular dial and movement, the cushion case was the home of many major watch brand’s early wristwatches including Patek Philippe.
Patek Philippe incorporated much of their expertise in their pocket watch designs into their early wristwatches, for example enamel dials, Breguet numbers or the latest development: radium luminous material.