- Brand: Cartier
- Circa: 1976
- Model: Louis Tank
- Reference: Jumbo Automatique
- Calibre: 170 ETA
- Movement: Automatic
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features: Sapphire glass and cabochon crown
- Dial: White dial featuring black printed Roman numeral hour markers with inner minute track and blued steel sword shaped hands
- Case dimensions: 28 x 35 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: N/A
- Web reference: 2428
Essay: Most Cartier Tank wristwatches were small and elegant timepieces until Cartier launched the Tank Jumbo Automatique in 1974. The “Paris” signature at the 6 o’ clock position reveals that the watch was produced for and retailed by Cartier’s legendary boutique at Place Vendôme in Paris. These dials are often replaced by generic “Swiss” dials during service.
The Jumbo Automatique was made in 18ct yellow or white gold until production ended in 1979.