- Brand: Patek Philippe
- Made: 1926
- Model: N/A
- Reference: 10
- Calibre: 10"'
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Curved case hinged case
- Dial: Stern Frères silvered dial with outer minute track featuring exploded painted luminescent Arabic numeral hour markers with blued steel luminescent hands and subsidiary seconds at 6 o'clock - signed 'TIFFANY & CO.'
- Case dimensions: 45 x 25mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 2595
Essay: The Patek Philippe introduced the reference 10 in 1917 and stayed in production until 1932. The reference 10 was one of the earliest wristwatch models of its era which Patek Philippe created with beautiful layouts and designs on a large dial.
The Stern Frères dial often featured applied gold or luminescent Arabic numerals.
The watch case of the reference 10, featured a large two-piece case that slightly curved for the contour of the wrist with hinged lugs
The vast majority of the reference 10 wristwatches that were produced were sent to the North and South American markets.
Patek Philippe and Tiffany & Co. Partnership
The partnership between Patek Philippe and Tiffany & Co. began in 1851 when Antione Norbert de Patek visited Charles Lewis Tiffany at his flagship store in 5th Avenue, New York.
Both Antoine Norbert de Patek and Charles Lewis Tiffany discovered a they both had a common respect for each other's merchandise and after a simple handshake the watchmaker and jeweller entered into a strategic partnership and commitment which still exists until today.