- Brand: Patek Philippe
- Made: 1903
- Model: Open face, bassine
- Reference: Gondolo
- Calibre: 21”
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Guilloché case back and double signed
- Dial: White enamel dial with black printed 0 - 60 outer minute track featuring Roman numeral hour markers with black ring shaped hands and subsidiary seconds at 6 o'clock - signed ‘CHRONOMETRO GONDOLO'
- Case dimensions: 55mm
- Bracelet/strap: N/A
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 1845
Essay: Patek Philippe began a long and successful partnership with famous Rio de Janeiro retailer Gondolo & Labouriau between 1872 and 1927.
This association resulted in the creation of timepieces named The Gondolo Collection designed exclusively for the Brazilian retailer - named the “Chronometro Gondolo”. The collection initially consisted only of pocket watches, before the first wristwatches appeared in the late1920's