- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1970
- Model: Grima 'Spring Ring'
- Reference: No. 83 ''About Time Collection''
- Calibre: 484
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Oval faceted peridot 'glass' bordered by a line of brilliant-cut diamonds framed by a textured surround and hoop with 18ct yellow gold textured bark ring shank
- Dial: Gilt dial with baton hour and minute hands
- Case dimensions: 20 x 27mm | Ring measurement 8 1/2
- Bracelet/strap: N/A
- Accessories: N/A
- SKU: 02979
Essay: Andrew Grima was an Anglo-Italian designer who became known as the most respected modern jewellery designer in Britain during the 1960's and 1970's. Grima was arguably the most innovative designer of his generation with a fashionable shop at No. 80 Jermyn Street with a Royal Warrant as a jeweller to HM The Queen and HRH Princess Margaret.
Andrew Grima had never designed a watch and he was commissioned by OMEGA to design a collection of watches, About Time, that even today remain unsurpassed for their ingenuity, audacity and powerful, sculptural design.