- Brand: Patek Philippe
- Made: 1908
- Model: Cushion
- Reference: N/A
- Calibre: 12"'
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Cushion case and enamel dial
- Dial: Champagne dial with outer minute track featuring luminous Arabic numeral hour markers with cathedral shaped hands and subsidiary seconds at 6 o'clock - signed 'TIFFANY & CO.'
- Case dimensions: 31 x 31mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 2620
Essay: During the early 1900's, the pinnacle of design for the fledgling wristwatch market was the cushion case.
Traditionally a square shaped watch case with rounded corners and a circular dial and movement, the cushion case was the home of many major watch brand’s early wristwatches including Patek Philippe.
Patek Philippe incorporated much of their expertise in their pocket watch designs into their early wristwatches, for example enamel dials, Breguet numbers or the latest development: radium luminous material.
Patek Philippe and Tiffany & Co. Partnership
The partnership between Patek Philippe and Tiffany & Co. began in 1851 when Antione Norbert de Patek visited Charles Lewis Tiffany at his flagship store in 5th Avenue, New York.
Both Antoine Norbert de Patek and Charles Lewis Tiffany discovered a they both had a common respect for each other's merchandise and after a simple handshake the watchmaker and jeweller entered into a strategic partnership and commitment which still exists until today.