- Brand: Vacheron & Constantin
- Made: 1953
- Model: Chronomètre Royal
- Reference: 4907
- Calibre: 12''' 1008BS
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Oversized square lugs with bespoke display case back
- Dial: Silvered dial with outer minute track featuring applied gold prism and double baton hour indices, sword style hands with centre seconds
- Case dimensions: 35 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 1977
Essay: The “Chronomètre Royal" by Vacheron Constantin, Genève became a registered trademark on 28th May 1907 when the first pocket-watch bearing this prestigious name was presented. Thereafter, in the 1950's the name was used on only those fitted with a chronometer certified movement.
The reference 4907 was launched in 1953 and was in production for only 9 years. It was known for its precision, movement finishing and overall elegance. The Chronometre Royal is recognisable due to its oversized square lugs that give an dramatic presence on the wrist.