- Brand: Cartier
- Circa: 1970
- Model: Gondole
- Reference: N/A
- Calibre: ETA
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct yellow gold
- Features/complications: Stepped bezel, sapphire cabochon crown and 18ct yellow gold deployant buckle
- Dial: White dial featuring black printed Roman numeral hour markers with inner minute track and blued steel baton hands
- Case dimensions: 38 x 34mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: N/A
- SKU: 2049
Essay: During the 1970’s Cartier diversified its range of watches by producing timepieces with several bold large case designs.
The Gondole was one such model introduced by Cartier. The case encompassed a double-stepped bezel which gave the illusion of appearing to be bigger. The larger “jumbo” model were produced in both 18ct white and yellow gold, either in a vertical orientation or a horizontal orientation which came to be known as the “TV-shaped case”.