- Brand: Patek Philippe
- Made: 1974
- Model: Grand Ellipse
- Reference: 3624/1
- Calibre: 23-300
- Movement: Manual
- Material: 18ct white gold
- Features/complications: Pavé diamond set bezel | 284 diamonds weighing approximately 5.05 carats.
- Dial: Pavé diamond set dial with 184 diamonds and 18ct white gold Dauphine hands
- Case dimensions: 33 x 38mm
- Bracelet/strap: Integrated 18ct white gold Milanese bracelet, length approximately 184mm
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- SKU: 1991
One of a few known gem set white gold ellipses in this configuration. Containing a total of 284 high grade diamonds. The dial and bezel is covered with tightly packed pave set diamonds, worn on an integrated mesh bracelet. The Patek Philippe Ellipse was introduced in the late 1960’s. Marking a significant relationship between Patek Philippe and their case makers, typically they would rely on them for creating designs, the ellipse however was designed internally at Patek Philippe. They eventually purchased said casemaker and several of their suppliers at the time, resulting in a larger proportion of the watch components being manufactured in house.