- Brand: OMEGA
- Year: 1938
- Model: Scarab
- Reference: CK 2009
- Calibre: 23.4 SC
- Movement: Manual
- Material: Stainless steel
- Features/complications: Scarabaeus case with claw-shaped lugs
- Dial: White enamel dial with outer minute track featuring black printed arrow hour markers and alternating Arabic numerals with blued steel sword hands and centre seconds
- Case dimensions: 31 mm
- Bracelet/strap: Leather strap
- Accessories: Extract from the Archives
- Web reference: 02278
Essay: OMEGA introduced Scarab shaped wristwatches in the early 1930’s. The Art Deco designed cases took inspiration from the ancient Egyptian Scarab beetle and encompassed a bold case design with claw shaped lugs.
The Scarab design featured included, dials available in either black, white or two-tone variations with sword shaped hands and subsidiary seconds. The Scarab collection was available in two case sizes, a calibre 23.4 in a standard case and a calibre 26.5 in an ‘oversized’ case version.